Re: A patch for ltmain.sh

On Oct  8, 2000, "H . J . Lu" <hjl@valinux.com> wrote:

> I think we can ignore the messages from relink. If there is a real
> problem, we will see in the normal link.  I can image the messages from
> relink may be useful for libtool developers. But I certainly don't
> want to see them in "make check". Here is a patch.

It's actually supposed to be useful for libtool users, in case the
wrapper script fails to relink the executable for no apparent reason.
I'd rather see the output redirected to a temporary file and displayed
along with the relink command in case it fails, and discarded
otherwise.

In any case, ltmain.sh is a generated file.  It's ltmain.in you want
to change, and patches should go to libtool-patches@gnu.org.  Thanks!

(Which doesn't mean I'm discarding your patch; I'll keep it handy and
check in it in my next slot of time devoted to libtool, unless you've
come up with something along the lines I suggest above :-)