This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Question on ld's SORT capability in 2.10
- To: trull at zko dot dec dot com
- Subject: Re: Question on ld's SORT capability in 2.10
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian at zembu dot com>
- Date: 21 Jul 2000 08:05:31 -0700
- CC: binutils at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <39784BC7.2A0B7DEF@zko.dec.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 09:10:31 -0400
From: Bruce Trull <email@example.com>
I doesn't appear that sorting on routine-name is allowed (just
module names). Is that true? Is it a goal to sort on routine-name?
The SORT keyword sorts on section names, not routine names.
It implements C++ constructor priorities, assuming you use the gcc
-finit-priority option to generate constructors in sections with
In the default script, SORT only applies to .ctors.*, so it should not
affect the section in crtend.o, which is named .ctors.