Re: (windres) linking VisualC++ ``coff'' objects under Linux?

"H . J . Lu" <hjl@lucon.org> writes:

> You can configure binutils from CVS or use my Linux binutils to link
> MS COFF .obj files under Linux as if they are the Linux native .o files.
> You should get a working Linux executable if the ABI is the same. I have
> verified that they work with asm code. The C code may work if the calling
> convention is the compatible. I don't think C++ code will work unless
> you put in some glues.

I'm afraid you will have to be a bit clearer about what to configure
and compile from the latest binutils source tree, I'm no binutils expert.

There are some tools that are not compiled by default, such as windres,
libtool, coffdump,... and maybe the ltconfig script might help hooking
in some code to do what I want?

I'm not working in a cygwin environment but in Linux, trying
to link to a Microsoft .obj with a trivial content
int square(int u) { return u*u; }
hope I will be able to do that :-)

What do you mean by ``my Linux binutils''?

--
Emmanuel Michon