This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: a blatant bug:
- To: Michael M <lordvader at eisa dot net dot au>
- Subject: Re: a blatant bug:
- From: Alan Modra <alan at linuxcare dot com dot au>
- Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 21:47:36 +1000 (EST)
- cc: binutils at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
On Mon, 3 Jul 2000, Michael M wrote:
> Hi. I'm new here.
Grin. It shows. No info on system details like operating system and
cpu. :-) I'm guessing linux and x86.
> > BUG IN DYNAMIC LINKER ld.so: dynamic-link.h: 57: elf_get_dynamic_info:
> Assertion `! "bad dynamic tag"' failed!
This is an error from the dynamic linker, part of glibc. Have you by
any chance recompiled and installed glibc? You might need to re-install a
precompiled version from a distribution cd-rom.
Linuxcare. Support for the Revolution.