This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: problem compiling binutils 2.10
- To: Alan Modra <alan at linuxcare dot com dot au>
- Subject: Re: problem compiling binutils 2.10
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 09:52:10 -0600
- cc: Heiko Nardmann <h dot nardmann at secunet dot de>, BinUtils <binutils at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>y
> On Wed, 28 Jun 2000, Heiko Nardmann wrote:
> > Now I am not sure which header files are needed.
> > As far as I understand it this thing is only targeted for native HPPA
> > systems, isn't it?
> Yes. One way to find out which header files are needed is to compile with
> -DHOST_HPPAHPUX added to CFLAGS and see what breaks. I haven't tried this
> sort of this myself, so you'll probably need to do a little work.
It can be done (I've done it in the past to build cross assemblers and such
for SOM tools.
> > Why are some format definitions part of binutils and some not?
> I don't know the history behind this, sorry.
Because nobody's felt it important enough to rewrite the necessary header
files so that they could be included in the binutils distribution without
violating the HP copyrights on their headerfiles.
Not a lot of folks care about cross-assemblers and such for SOM.