This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: problem with installing binutils
- To: Gerald Marewo <gerald at aardvark dot uz dot ac dot zw>,binutils at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: problem with installing binutils
- From: "H . J . Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 09:05:25 -0700
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <20000622174957.A28324@aardvark.uz.ac.zw>
On Thu, Jun 22, 2000 at 05:49:57PM +0200, Gerald Marewo wrote:
> Hi all.
> I tried installing binutils 126.96.36.199.46 on linux:
> Linux aardvark 2.0.34 #67 Thu Jun 18 17:04:10 MEST 1998 i686 unknown
> and I get the following output when I run configure with
> from the source directory:
> configuring for a i686-pc-linux-host
config.guess thinks you have a glibc 2 base Linux. I believe I saw the
discussion on config.guess somewhere. Has config.guess been fixed?
> Created "Makefile" in /home/gerald/usr/local/binutils/binutils-188.8.131.52.46 using "mt-frag"
> Cannot find the GNU C Library minor version number
You seem to have a libc5 based one. You can try
# ./configure i686-pc-linuxlibc5