This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [rfc] For mips, sign-extended ecoff offsets
- To: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: [rfc] For mips, sign-extended ecoff offsets
- From: Alan Modra <alan at linuxcare dot com dot au>
- Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 01:47:50 +1000 (EST)
- cc: BINUTILS Patches <binutils at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>, GDB Patches <gdb-patches at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
On Mon, 19 Jun 2000, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> The attatched patch changes the MIPS ELF32 backend so that it is more
> likely to return a sign-extended offset. At present the ELF backend
> returns sign-extended symbol table values but not sign extended debug
Would it be better to just change ecoff_swap_sym_in? It seems like
this would achieve what you want, and not risk breaking quite so much.
I'm worried about what happens if things like PDR.adr get changed from
0xa0000000 to 0xffffffffa0000000.
Regards, Alan Modra.
Linuxcare. Support for the Revolution.