This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Large number of gas warnings compiling linux kernel....
- To: alan at linuxcare dot com dot au
- Subject: Re: Large number of gas warnings compiling linux kernel....
- From: Geoff Keating <geoffk at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 09:03:56 -0700
- CC: nickc at cygnus dot com, scottb at netwinder dot org, binutils at sourceware dot cygnus dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
> Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 09:55:08 +1000 (EST)
> From: Alan Modra <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> I like it! It should work on any architecture that the linux kernel
> supports too, as `#' is in either comment_chars or line_comment_chars.
> In fact the only gas target that this trick will fail on is tic30.
If '#' is not a comment character, people who use cpp to preprocess
their assembler source are likely to be surprised...
- Geoffrey Keating <email@example.com>