Re: A bad change to gas

On Sat, 3 Jun 2000, H . J . Lu wrote:

> The problem is `;' was the line separator by default. Many CPUs,
> including ia32, doesn't have `;' in line_separator_chars. Your change
> just breaks all those CPUs :-).

Oops, that really is a bug of the red-faced variety.  Your fix isn't right
though, because some CPU's, eg. hppa, *don't* use `;' as a line separator.
I'm fixing your fix :-) for my breakage by putting back the #ifdef TC_HPPA
we originally had.

The proper fix is to go through all the gas/config/tc files and explicitly
add the `;' to line_separator_chars.  I think it's worth doing things
correctly as we get to remove a target dependent #ifdef from the
supposedly target independent files.

--
Linuxcare.  Support for the Revolution.