This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: first release candidate for 2.10
- To: marekm at linux dot org dot pl
- Subject: Re: first release candidate for 2.10
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian at zembu dot com>
- Date: 1 Jun 2000 09:59:31 -0700
- CC: Philip dot Blundell at pobox dot com, binutils at sourceware dot cygnus dot com, denisc at overta dot ru, marekm at linux dot org dot pl
- References: <20000601075042Z116320email@example.com>
From: Marek Michalkiewicz <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 09:50:38 +0200 (CEST)
It does not include the recent (1 May and later) AVR target
changes, this means it is incompatible with the current avr-gcc.
By current avr-gcc I assume you mean the current snapshots, rather
than any release. I think it is OK to require binutils development
code if you are using gcc development code.
Binutils (daily!) snapshots seem to have the same problem, this
makes CVS the only way to get binutils compatible with current
avr-gcc (snapshot or CVS).
The snapshots are currently tracking the release branch, to make it
easier for people to test the upcoming release during the release
After the release, I will change the snapshots to once again track the