Re: Another proposed bfd/elf.c change

   Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 10:25:52 +1000 (EST)
   From: Alan Modra <alan@linuxcare.com.au>

   This little patch is aimed at fixing the mips simple objcopy test
   failure.  mips is unusual in that it puts both rel and rela sections into
   a .o (why?), thus target_sect (eg. .text) below gets use_rela_p set
   depending on which of the rel and rela sections came last.

Irix 6 and later use both kinds of relocations.  The MIPS started with
REL relocations, but REL relocations are a pain.  My impression is
that SGI wants to shift to RELA relocations.

   The only problem with this fix as far as I can see is if an object file
   has one reloc section of a different type than the default for the target,
   and it happens to be empty.

   Comments?  Safe to commit?  Who is the mips maintainer anyway?

Looks safe enough to me.

Mark Mitchell rewrote the MIPS backend last year.

Ian