Re: Resurrecting hppa-elf

  In message <Pine.LNX.4.21.0004191202460.32725-100000@front.linuxcare.com.au>y
ou write:
  > On 21 Feb 2000, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
  >
  > >    > The quick fix is probably to remove elf32-hppa.lo from BFD32_BACKEND
  > >    > in bfd/Makefile.{am.in}.
  > >
  > > Thanks.  I checked in patches along these lines.
  >
  > Has anyone looked at fixing hppa-elf?  I'd like to merge fixes from
  > http://www.thepuffingroup.com/parisc/cvs.html, and wean them off their
  > binutils tree.
The 32bit PA elf needs a *complete and total* rewrite.  Anything based on
the old code is horribly broken.

I've tried to explain the issues to HP & the puffins, but they weren't
particularly interested in listening to why the old 32 PA elf code was
totally inappropriate for their needs.  I sincerely hope they didn't
resurrect the old stuff.

jeff