Re: Demangler update?

> It is my belief that the code is very complicated and not
> particularly well written or robust and it would not serve anybody's
> interest to have it added to libibierty.

Code in -liberty is of varying quality, usefulness, and authorship. So
I guess your code would fit in very well :-)

> I suspect that even if we did open source it, the maintainers would
> reject it.

I took a glance at the code. It is quite a lot of code, but it appears
to be self-contained. I'm not in charge of binutils, but I could not
see technical obstacles with integrating it into binutils. If it is
useful to users of the GNU binutils, and does not harm if not used,
what could be the problem - apart from licensing?

As more mangling schemes are supported, maybe liberty is the wrong
place for collecting them. Perhaps it is time for a GNU demangler
library?

Regards,
Martin