Re: Specifying LMA's after unallocated sections?

   Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 23:31:43 +0100
   From: Jonathan Larmour <jlarmour@redhat.co.uk>

   I was thinking of some way to avoid outputting the section regardless.
   Suppose for example you want to put .bar after .rel.* relocation
   information. I know (because I accidentally stumbled across it) that
   outputting an empty .rel section makes BFD very unhappy. And to be honest,
   I think BFD is right: you shouldn't be emitting "unused" empty output
   sections in general.

The only way that comes to mind would be to use memory regions with
the new AT> construct.  Then you could avoid using LOADADDR and
SIZEOF.  I can't think of any other way to implicitly define the load
address, which is basically what you want to do.

By the way, an empty .rel section should work fine.  If it fails, I
think that is a bug.

Ian