Re: A proposed patch for undefined_symbol ()

   Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 10:35:53 -0800
   From: "H . J . Lu" <hjl@valinux.com>

   > undefined symbols unless there is an option in the Linker to force a fatal error if
   > any undefined symbols remain  at

   My patch doesn't change the undefined symbol warning with -Bsymbolic
   when building DSO. What it does is not to abort if undefined symbol
   is ok.

   >  the end of the link. So I feel  we need to have a separate option in the Linker to
   > address this.

   We have --noinhibit-exec to ignore all errors. But I don't
   think it is appropriate for -Bsymbolic.

I agree with Koundinya, though; sometimes, when using -Bsymbolic, you
do want any undefined symbol to be an error.  On Solaris, I think this
is some -z option.  On some other systems, I think it is a --assert
option.  I think it's OK for the default to be a warning, but we might
to make sure that people can still get an error if they want one.

Ian