Re: implib -- pe-dll vs binutils discrepancies

> 1. The hint table should have xlate'd name a far as I know. It is so in
>    dlltool (dlltool.c:make_one_lib_file()), but not so in pe-dll
>    (pe-dll.c:make_one()). Which one is correct?

ld and dlltool do the same thing different ways, but dlltool does
supply additional features.  Both are correct.  dlltool is just more
functional in a few (hopefully) less-common usages.

> 2. The .idata$6 section alignment is 1 in dlltool (the idata6 entry in
>    secdata array), and 2 in pe-dll (pe-dll.c:make_one). Which one is
>    correct?

It doesn't matter, it just holds the symbol names.  An alignment of 1
would just pack the data more tightly, assuming the linker even honors
alignment for COFF objects.