Re: Patch to rename SH mulu and muls instructions

   Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 15:38:35 +0100
   From: Nick Clifton <nickc@cygnus.com>

     May I have permission to apply the following patch please ?  It
     renames the mulu and muls instructions to mulu.w and muls.w

For a change like this, I would normally recommend adding the new
forms of the instructions without replacing the old ones.  If you
remove the old ones, then it is possible that existing working code
may suddenly fail to assemble.  This seems a particular danger since
you mention a corresponding gcc patch.

I'm not up on the SH, so there may be some reason that this concern
does not apply in this case.

Ian