Re: Patch: prefix hppa float reg codes

  In message <14287.59999.61621.364293@gargle.gargle.HOWL>you write:
  > I'll take a look.  I believe what's left is getting all the load/store
  > working and getting new branch formats in place.
That is my basic recollection too.

Looking at the hacks we had internally I see the following stuff that's
missing:

  branches
  loads/stores
  Random simple stuff, idtlbt, iitlbt,
  fp conversions
  fcmp/ftest

  > I see that it's not quite as trivial  as I first thought.
branches, loads & stores are by far the toughest.  "b" was a (*&@#$ nightmare
and I'm not at all happy with the stuff I wrote to support it.

  > There's a version with 22 bit branches as well which seems to need
  > additions in several places to support it.
Yea.  Thus it also requires some work in BFD.

  > Our group is officially canned, so I won't have access to an HP for more
  > than another few weeks.
BTW, I'm still trying to get final word on when the hiring req is officially
open.  You haven't been forgotten.  You might want to polish up your resume if
you haven't already.

  > So, I'll see what I can get done before then.
That would be cool.

  > If there is an HP with
  > general net access, I can keep playing with it beyond that point.
Not that I'm aware of.  And cross tools aren't exactly well supported on this
platform (I also expect you'll lose interest when you don't have the HP
anymore :-)

jeff