Re: elf32-mips breaks binary compatibility

   Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 10:26:11 +0200
   From: Jakub Jelinek <jj@sunsite.ms.mff.cuni.cz>

   I understood Ralf wants to tag the new binaries with the tag, as tagging the
   old ones would mean ldconfig or some other binary walking on all shared
   libraries has to tag some of the libraries (or all of them provided the user
   is sure he does not have any newly compiled library).

I agree that tagging the new binaries raises many issues.  I assumed
that he meant to tag the old binaries.  Ralf, which approach were you
suggesting?

Ian