This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: DJGPP and alignment
- To: "Mark E." <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: DJGPP and alignment
- From: Richard Henderson <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 11:47:23 -0700
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <199907211607.QAA38452@out1.ibm.net>
On Wed, Jul 21, 1999 at 12:07:18PM -0400, Mark E. wrote:
> A consensus of the DJGPP workers has decided that the default
> alignment should be 16 bytes instead of the current 4 bytes since 16 is
> the recommended Intel alignment.
I fear you're getting yourself into trouble, since there's no
way to change the section alignment in coff.
If you do any sort of collect-sections-to-make-data kinds of
things like .ctors or .dtors, that'll break. Do you know that
you're using collect2 to construct constructor lists?