Re: readelf breakage.

   Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 10:01:28 -0600
   From: Donn Terry <donn@interix.com>

   > What procedure do you use to configure the tools when using the native
   > MS compiler?  Is there any way to make that procedure define
   > HOST_64BIT_TYPE and HOST_U_64BIT_TYPE correctly in bfd.h?

   It's possible, and I've done it, but it's quite messy because
   the existence of an alternate name violates a lot of tacit
   assumptions (or did last I looked), so it's a lot of ifdefs
   to get it to work, for 0 (none, nada) return except to get it
   to compile.

If you ever try this again, please let me know about any problems you
have.  The binutils are supposed to work fine no matter what the name
of the 64 bit type is.  No additional ifdefs should be required beyond
the ones which are already in bfd-in2.h.  If it doesn't work, I'd like
to know about it.

Ian