Re: GNU-ld behaviour does not match native linker behaviour

Hi Ian,

: Note that we may have some confusion with existing ELF archives in
: some scenarios.  Existing ELF archives will have common symbols in the
: armap.  We will now wind up pulling those in to satisfy common symbols
: in the executable.  I'm not sure what to do about that.  I don't know
: how often it will be a real problem.

I think we should be OK.  In the case where old archives are linked
with the new linker, we may end up getting bigger than expected
executables, but on the other hand we should also end up getting
executables that work (becuase they have included the definition of
the common as well), instead of ones that are broken.

:    + #define _bfd_achive_bsd_allow_commons_in_armap bfd_true
:
: Typo.

Oops - thanks for the catch.

I will check the patch in.