Re: Interesting issue

  In message <19991014193710.6119.qmail@daffy.airs.com>you write:
  > Actually, it doesn't.  As far as I know, -static really just affects
  > the search path.  If you compile a .o with -fpic, ld typically has to
  > build a procedure linkage table and so forth.
  >
  > ld should create a .dynamic section if it needs one.  Currently it
  > thinks it needs one if you linked against a shared library.
OK.  This seems like the place to attack this problem since we're not going
to link against any shared libraries, but we still need to create the
.dynamic sections.

Any suggestions on how to force the add_object_symbols routine  to create
the dynamic sections even if it hasn't seen a dynamic object?

Or is there some other hook I could use to call into the routine to make the
dynamic sections?

jeffv