bfd assertion fail elflink.h:1566 : Please help me!

I have currently installed gcc 2.95.1 and binutils 2.9.5.0.14.
My system is solaris2.6. I get the following warning/error:

/some_dir/sparc-sun-solaris2.6/bin/ld: bfd assertion fail elflink.h:1566

I discovered that this error occurs when linking with the pthread or
thread-libarary of sun. These libraries are updated with the latest
patches. I also installed the same versions of gcc and binutils for
solaris2.5 and there the problem does NOT occur.

Does anybody has a clue? Do I something wrong? Am I using an buggy tool
where I am not aware of? Can it be a bug in bfd (binutils)?

Please help me out, I puzzled on it for a week and nobody seems to know
the problem.

many thanks in advance,
Bjorn Vrijkorte