binutils 2.9 branch created

I've created the binutils 2.9 branch, and Ken has switched over the
snapshot generation script.  That means that starting with tomorrow's
snapshot (980331), the snapshots will be taken from the release
branch.  The 980331 snapshot will become the binutils 2.9 release,
modulo any patches I get soon.

I encourage everybody to download the snapshot and test it,
particularly people working on free systems.

Unless I get a bunch of patches, I'd like to get the release out next
week.

Please send any patches to the gas2 and/or bfd mailing list, so that
others can see the patches.  If you see a patch go by which looks
wrong or destabilizing, please send a note about it.  Thanks.

Ian