Re: Proposal to change branch maintenance

Tom> Third, what about adopting a convention for a "README.archer" file in
Tom> the top-level of each branch?  This file would explain the branch's
Tom> purpose and would let us bypass the tedious step of updating the wiki
Tom> whenever pushing a new branch.

I've added this to a couple of my branches.

You can see it in action with

    git show origin/archer-tromey-python-checker:README.archer

I'd like everyone to add a file like this to their live branches.  Don't
bother with the dead branches, I'm going to zap them all soon.  It is
fine with me if you want to wait for the great branch renaming before
doing this.

thanks,