Re: [Archer] Stop the Insanity! Linespec Rewrite

On 03/02/2012 11:06 AM, Joel Brobecker wrote:
I reviewed the gdb.ada testsuite, and it appears that I failed to
add a testcase for those. I will put that on my list.

I have a patch to fix this. Thank you for bringing this to my attention (and adding tests for it). Your new operator_bps.exp passes 100% on archer-keiths-linespec-rewrite. [I haven't pushed the patch yet.]

I have noticed a few other things:

   . Very minor: We now accept the "task" keyword in any casing (?).
     So now "break foo TASK 3" is accepted, whereas it wasn't in the past.

I need to audit that. Part of the cleanup phase. Lots to do yet.

   . Our testsuite spotted a couple of crashes. They might be related
     to the crash that Tom mentioned, although I kind of doubt it.
     Nevertheless, I'll investigate them after you've looked at Tom's
     report, just in case they end up having the same cause.

If you can tell me how to reproduce, I will take a look. There are probably lots of gotchas all over the place. I relied heavily (too much?) on the test suite. I wonder what bugs Go, D, and other languages might expose.

I'd like to resolve the issues mentioned above before the patch
actually goes in, [...]

Absolutely. I would not even think of submitting this for official review if it had any (real) regressions.

Thank you very much for your help.

Keith