Re: [Archer] update on ambiguous linespec branch

> * I didn't yet implement the new linespec types, namely allowing
>   "OBJFILE:" as a prefix, or "FILE:FUNCTION:LINE" or
>   "FILE:FUNCTION:LABEL".
[...]
>   I don't think this item is really needed for the patch to go in.  It
>   could be done as a follow-up, and IMO would be better that way, since
>   it will be a second huge change to linespec.c.

On the practical side, I'm wondering how you are going to be able
to implement the case where the user selects a sub-set of all matches
without this part... For instance, if there are two functions called
foobar, and the user types "break foobar", if he selects only to
break on one of them (using the multiple choice menu), how are we
going to support that without the linespec types above?

Or are you thinking of adding support for that as a second step?

--
Joel