Re: gdbstub initial code, v3

> > > 	- It doesn't support all-stop mode.
> > >
> > > 	  Please tell me if this is needed. I hope not, this needs
> > > 	  a lot of nasty complications :/
>
> I'm pretty sure this will be needed since it's GDB's default mode
> of operation.

That is indeed most likely the mode in which the gdb side of things has had
the most testing.  So starting with non-stop may open more gdb pain while
avoiding some pain in the kernel module.

> I've skimmed the code.  If I'm not mistaken, support for the 's', 'G',
> and 'M' commands isn't implemented yet?  (That's single-step, write
> registers, and write memory, all of which must be supported by a stub.)

Yes, that's fine.  For a starting place, having only reading support is OK.
These bits are relatively trivial to fill in later as needed, so I think
made plenty of sense for Oleg not to include them yet.

Thanks,
Roland