Re: gdbstub initial code, another approach

Jan> gdb linux-nat.c (=local gdb) should be deprecated.  There is
Jan> definitely a need for remote target and actively maintaining two
Jan> modes is not effective, we can run gdbserver even during
Jan> single-host debugging.

I think we should differentiate a bit between Oleg's project and
projects internal to gdb.

I agree that the current approach of writing all linux-nat code twice --
once for gdb and once for gdbserver -- is no good.

Also, I think Oleg's recent questions and investigations have shown that
perhaps gdbserver is currently a bit lacking for local debugging.

But, a lot of this is a problem specific to gdb.  We could, for example,
remove linux-nat.c and move to only allowing gdbserver.  Or, we could
have gdb and gdbserver share code.  But either of these would be
independent of whatever interface the kernel provides.