Re: PR 11067

Chris> Just FYI, this patch breaks a handful of existing tests:
Chris>    gdb.base/setvar.exp
Chris>    gdb.cp/classes.exp
Chris>    gdb.cp/m-data.exp
Chris>    gdb.cp/m-static.exp
Chris>    cp/namespace.exp
Chris>    gdb.mi/mi-var-display.exp
Chris>    gdb.python/py-value.exp

Yeah.

Chris> None of them are hard to fix in the expects--I just wanted The World
Chris> to realise that there are going to be noticeable consequences to this
Chris> fairly minor nicety.  It'll take me a bit to fix the t/cs--if The
Chris> Powers That Be would rather this patch not proceed, I'd appreciate it
Chris> if you'd let me know sooner rather than later and spare me all the
Chris> fix-up work.

Usually you just have to do it and see what happens.  Even if we all
agree on a format here, someone else might disagree on gdb-patches, or
they might think of some new reason for it to be different.

I, personally, want some form of this change, because every time I type
"p FOO" and get "$1 = FOO", I think, grrr, gdb could have told me what I
really wanted to know.  If enough people dislike it we can always add
'set print blah blah'.