gdb.Parameter / backtrace.py in gdb 7.0?

I have noticed that the gdb repository is missing all of the Archer python samples (i.e., backtrace.py and the rest of the stuff in gdb.pythondir, including the attribute gdb.pythondir). I was hoping that the scripts from the Archer branch would more or less just work with gdb 7.0, but that appears not to be the case, as gdb.Parameter, which backtrace.py uses, is completely missing from the gdb repository. I've been trying to find out whether there is a reason for all of this, but I can't find any e-mails anywhere.

I was wondering what reason for the divergence is and whether there is a version of filtering backtrace that works with gdb 7.0.

Thanks,

Ray