Re: regression in remote.c in remote_threads_info for qfThreadInfo/qsThreadInfo with the introduction of read_ptid

On Thursday 10 September 2009 22:52:12, Andrew Sutherland wrote:

> The problematic gdb stub is the VMware stub (as
> found in Workstation 6.x), and when notifying them of this problem, it'd
> be good to know how much of a problem it in fact is.

This isn't the first time I hear VMware stub bugs related to bad
thread id handling.  See here:

 http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2008-10/msg00586.html

In that message, you see that Michael decided to fix the stub instead. I assume
he must have stumbled on this case you're reporting as well, since it sounds
related, but didn't bother to raise it.  So it seems that handling just
this case wouldn't fix your whole problem.

--
Pedro Alves