Re: FYI: removing the libstdc++ pretty-printers

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 4:49 PM, Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com> wrote:

> Vladimir> In other words, you think that user with GDB 7.0 but "older"
> Vladimir> GCC is necessary a power-user?
>
> Yes, basically. ?I think someone who builds their own gdb should be
> able to find instructions to set this up. ?We can make it easy for
> them if we want.

I believe there is a somewhat large pool of people who
- are stuck on an old distro/old GCC, and
- build their own GDB (./configure; make all install), and
- will not be able to use STL pretty printers, unless they are included
  in GDB source distribution and "just work", or unless we provide a very
  detailed set of instructions (and even then it would probably cut success
  rate in half).

--
Paul Pluzhnikov