Subclassing gdb.Value

It seems like it would be very convenient to be able to subclass
gdb.Value.  Having implemented a bunch of operations in Python on
gdb.Value objects, one wants to wrap them up in a class for all the
usual reasons --- and then there's no good reason to have to make a
distinction between the gdb.Value that I can do gdb-like things with,
and an instance of my class that I can do application-specific things
with.  Clearly, my value "is a" gdb value.

However, gdb.Value doesn't have Py_TPFLAGS_BASETYPE set.  Could
someone give me a heads-up about what sorts of problems I'm liable to
encounter if I try to make this work?