Re: Merging lessons

On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 01:33:12 +0100, Tom Tromey wrote:
> It is pretty important to get the exact upstream version -- the tools
> are version-sensitive and even if your distro does happen to package
> that version, there is a fair chance there is an output-affecting
> distro-specific patch in there.

Using these custom rpms for this purpose:
  http://people.redhat.com/jkratoch/autosw/
  http://people.redhat.com/jkratoch/autosw/autoconf259-2.59-12_nointrinsic.noarch.rpm
  http://people.redhat.com/jkratoch/autosw/automake19-1.9.6-2.1.noarch.rpm

Stepan Kasal was discouraging me from the need for distro-included packaged
autoconf-2.59 (as is packaged autoconf-2.13) as for 2.13 the port was too
difficult while for 2.59->current the port should be easy and it is better to
upgrade upstream (FSF GDB=sourceware repo) to the latest autoconf.

Is there a preliminary agreement for a FSF GDB+sourceware tree HEAD port to
autoconf-2.63?

Regards,
Jan