Re: Frames as scopes

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 4:07 PM, Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com> wrote:
> I don't think there's a deep reason to prefer one or the other.  There
> are plenty of examples of successful projects using either.  I just
> tend to prefer not having a separate thin, low-level API that must be
> explained as well.

Fewer things to explain is always good.

Part of the reason I'd segregate the primitives into their own module
would be to make it easier to say, "We don't explain this."  (This
would have to be accompanied by a practice of providing public
functionality that covers everything the primitives do, so that the
primitives are indeed uninteresting.)