Re: Patches from mainline to archer

>>>>> "Paul" == Paul Pluzhnikov <ppluzhnikov@google.com> writes:

Paul> What is the policy of merging patches from mainline into archer?
Paul> For example, I would like to merge in this change:
Paul> http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2008-10/msg00098.html

I just sporadically merge gdb->archer, sometimes in response to a ping
on irc.

I think that, as long as we don't have any divergences on the archer
"trunk", anybody can do this when it is convenient.

I'll do a merge now.

Once we start really pushing in patches, we'll need to be a bit more
strategic about merges from gdb.  At the very least we'll have to do
some testing before pushing the merge.

I've been putting off merging patches to the archer trunk a bit.  I
didn't want to rush into it.  But now there are a few finished patches
ready, so we should probably move on this.