Re: Tasks

* Expression parsing.

  I think the first thing here is a good look at what we should aim to
  do.  Should we try to fix bugs?  Or try for the full implementation?
  Or both in parallel?  If we're fixing bugs, what kind of thing are
  we unlikely to be able to fix?  If the full implementation, how big
  a job is that really?  In both cases, what dependencies do we have
  on gcc?

  This is probably the single biggest item.
  Maybe a couple people should look at this..?

This looks pretty interesting... any one else interested ?

As a first step we can look through bugzilla and mailing list to see what bugs have been filed in this area and are still open. That will give us a feel for whether we should do a full implementation or fix bugs.

The problem as I see it can be devided to:
- Correct parsing and lexing of an expression
- Correct lookup using c++ scoping rules
- Correct location expression evaluation

I am looking at fixing this bug as an exercise: http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb/2007-01/msg00117.html

Sami