A tester accepts following three arguments
tester haystack_size type needle_size - type can be - random generate random strings - aaab match aaa...b versus aaa...b - planted:file see below
With planted you can specify occurrences of needle partial matches. Needle is generated randomly, haystack is random according to given distribution. For example a file planted1 contains
10 0 # 20% probability that character does not match anything 20 1 # 40% that it matches start of needle but not more 20 5 # 40% that it belong to five consecutive characters that form start of needle.
And optional parameters:
ALIGNED - accepts values be random/aligned/unaligned, default random.
In html directory following files are generated
strstr.html average instructions for given parameters
strstr_r.html average instructions per haystack character for given parameters