What things do we want to accomplish this release?
The release branch of glibc-X.Y is maintained by USER (USER@EMAIL) and its current release is X.Y.N, tagged on DATE. There are no immediate plans for the next release.
- MACHINE1, builds, no testsuite failures.
- MACHINE2, builds, some testsuite failures (listed below).
- MACHINE3, fails to build.
The ref structure of this branch is:
- release/X.Y/master: main branch
- glibc-X.Y.N: revision releases tagged out of release/X.Y/master
These people are interested in contents and further revisions tagged on the branch:
The general policies for release branches apply to this branch. Do you think a certain bugfix should be included in this branch?
- Is the fix committed in master? It has to be, unless it's not applicable to master (e.g. code has been rewritten meantime).
- Do you have commit permissions? If so, go ahead if you think it's reasonably safe. break;
- Can you handle Git yourself? Then you can clone the glibc repository, cherry-pick the appropriate fixes, push your branch out and send a pull request at libc-alpha. break;
- Add the glibc_X.Y keyword to the appropriate bug report.
- If there is no appropriate bug report, send a request for the fix to be included to libc-alpha.
A revision release is tagged either when some critical bug-fix appears, or after some period of real-world testing, usually mainly in some SUSE distribution branch (but other distributions are welcome to run latest release/X.Y/master as well, more so if they tell me about it!).
Build system: UNAME -a, GCC?, Binutils?, Kernel ?
TRIMMED LIST OF FAILURES.
Describe build failures here and how to fix them.