PR gdb/16575 is fixed in 7.7.1
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 22:||Line 22:|
|* [[Sourceware:PR16696|PR gdb/16696]] (AIX 32-bit cores, high section addresses)|
GDB 7.7.x Release Management
[NAME] at the beginning of each item is the name of a point of contact who will help trying to get the issue fixed faster.
2014-01-08: The 7.7 branch has been created (gdb-7.7-branch).
- 2014-01-08: The GDB 7.6.90 pre-release has been published.
- 2014-02-06: The GDB 7.7 Release has been published.
Fixes in GDB 7.7.1
GDB 7.7.1 brings the following fixes and improvements:
PR python/16547 (GDB crashing on gdb.python/py-linetable.exp)
PR build/16550 (64-bit GDB doesn't build on Solaris)
PR gdb/16626 (auto-load regression: gdb uses wrong file to test safeness)
PR breakpoints/16292 (GDB oversteps a range in some cases.)
PR gdb/16575 (stale breakpoint instructions in the code cache)
PR gdb/16696 (AIX 32-bit cores, high section addresses)
The GDB 7.7 release
- [Yao?] Regression when loading a trace file
- [Doug] Fix PR 16426: memory corruption (use after free) with fission
[Tom] PR python/16485 python exception in frame filter code.
[Tom] PR python/16487 crash in py-framefilter.c
[Tom] PR python/16491 crash in py-framefilter.c
Post Branch-Creation (for the NEXT release cycle)
- [Joel] Clean windows-nat and gdbserver/win32-low up regarding LOAD_DLL_DEBUG_EVENTs occurring during the inferior intialization phase.
Before Branch Creation
- [Pierre Muller] Fix PR 16201: internal error on a cygwin program linked against a DLL with no .data section
- [Jan] Support .dwp with the name of symlinked binary file
- [Jan] Improve Executable displayed path (PR 15415 regression kind #2)
- [Doug] DWP Version 2 support
- [Joel] Update release scripts turning off development mode
- Update gdbadmin scripts re: version.in change.
- Change update-cvs-version for branch handling (on HEAD, script should not be necessary)
- Update crontab calling this script
[Jan/Doug] Record objfile->original_name as an absolute path
- [Joel] GDB/MI solib regression.
- [dje] Fix PR 16286: value.string(length = x) broken for common variable length arrays idiom
[Sergio Durigan Junior] Fix PR tdep/15653: Implement SystemTap SDT probe support for AArch64
- Adjust version-date update script.
- On branch master, we rely on binutils for doing the daily update. On the GDB release branch, on the other hand, we need to do it ourselves.
It turns out that the script currently in use should be good enough, AFAICT. The crontab has been adjusted to use bfd/version.h instead of gdb/version.in. We will get an error email if the update fails, and fix as needed.
[PhilippeW] "catch syscall" with gdbserver (not ready in time)