This page identifies some issues which should be addressed before the 7.2 release as well as some cleanup tasks that should be completed before then.
[NAME] at the beginning of each item is the name of a point of contact who will help trying to get the issue fixed faster.
Immediately after 7.2 branching:
- On HEAD: readline resync.
- DWARF2/physname regression - PR c++/12506:
- [Joel]: GDB Python library (where the Python scripts provided by GDB can be stored)
- [Phil]: Python GDB Inferior and Inferior Thread Python patch-set from Archer.
- [Pedro]: Static tracepoints support.
[Jan]: 6 PIE fixups fixing a minor regression since pre-PIE GDB.
- Missing in NEWS:
- [Stan]: Tracepoint source strings, observer mode, corresponding commands and packets. $_thread.
- set|show record memory-query.