ld and MSP430
For the MSP430 it is possible to select the MPU architecture. The flag `-m [mpu type]'
will select an appropriate linker script for selected MPU type. (To get a list of known MPUs
just pass `-m help' option to the linker).
The linker will recognize some extra sections which are MSP430 specific:
- Defines a portion of ROM where interrupt vectors located.
- Defines the bootloader portion of the ROM (if applicable). Any code
in this section will be uploaded to the MPU.
- Defines an information memory section (if applicable). Any code in
this section will be uploaded to the MPU.
- This is the same as the `.infomem' section except that any code
in this section will not be uploaded to the MPU.
- Denotes a portion of RAM located above `.bss' section.
The last two sections are used by gcc.