9.36.6 Local Labels
Local labels may be defined in two ways:
- $N, where N is a decimal number between 0 and 9
- LABEL?, where LABEL is any legal symbol name.
Local labels thus defined may be redefined or automatically generated.
The scope of a local label is based on when it may be undefined or reset.
This happens when one of the following situations is encountered:
- .newblock directive see
- The current section is changed (.sect, .text, or .data)
- Entering or leaving an included file
- The macro scope where the label was defined is exited